fight over this, which means you definitely need to try it!
Gluten Free Cornbread
1 cup Jules or other all purpose gf flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
3 T. sugar
2 1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1 T. butter
2 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter-melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix dry ingredients and whisk
3. Mix eggs, milk and 3/4 c. melted butter
4. Mix dry ingredients slowly into wet ingredients until just mixed-do not over stir
5. Place the 1 T. butter in your round baking dish and place in hot oven until butter is melted (about 1 minute)
6. Pour batter into buttered round pan
7. Bake 15-20 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean!
***I don't recommend using any type of electric mixers...Wooden spoons and spatulas work great and prevent over-mixing which just gets you heavy brick-like baked goods.
This delicious recipe comes from http://glutenfreemommy.com/