Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jules All Purpose Gluten Free Flour


I can't believe I haven't done my Jules post yet! I meant to do this a month ago. I've been using this miraculous flour without giving credit where it is due. Here it goes!

I used to be a Better Batter disciple. It was the first all purpose baking powder I tried after being really disappointed by Bob's Red Mill. And I tried Bob's after baking from scratch with 5 different flours with less than inspiring results. So, I'm using Better Batter and it is great. But it is still missing the texture of wheat flour. So baked goods are just slightly off. Then one day I'm searching my GF sites and I was drawn to the fun, whimsical packaging of Jules. I decided to order some and give it a whirl. I did my shake test before opening it to test the grittiness. It didn't sound like sand being shaken in a bag! This flour is soft and fluffy! Seriously, it's hard to tell it is gluten free. It truly can be substituted 1:1 in most any recipe. There is NO after taste, NO grittiness, NO brick-like heaviness. Just light, fluffy baked goods. You do need to practice GF baking tips like not over-mixing and always whisking or sifting, but beyond that it is pretty awesome!

I am a fan of not having to purchase 5 different flours/starches/xantham gum to create usable GF flour. Jules makes it so easy and it honestly tastes delicious. Ok, that is my Jules post. Please buy this product for your GF baking because you owe it to yourself or whomever you bake GF for, to EAT GOOD FOOD. Happy baking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, Jules has saved my sanitity. I have made many of her recipes. My husband and son are not celiac and they love the pizza, pancakes, and cookies I have made and state that they couldn't tell it was gluten-free. I can finally enjoy cooking again!!