Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gluten Free Coconut Key Lime Pie


Key lime pie has always been a favorite of ours, but once we became a gluten free household, it was something we had to say goodbye to. I always knew I could probably whip up some graham crackers from scratch...Yeah right. So when I finally found GF graham crackers online I ordered 4 boxes right away. Kinickkinick foods...You are my hero. These graham crackers are pretty good as a cracker. But crumbled up and combined with coconut, butter, sugar and almond flour for a crust...Divine.

Recipe for GF Key Lime Pie

Crust:
Crumble or mash one box of GF graham crackers, or about 1 cup
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup chopped coconut
1/4 cup sugar
6T melted butter

Stir all together and pat into tart pan or pie dish

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes-allow to cool several min. before pouring filling in

Filling: (From the Nellie and Joe's lime juice bottle)
1/2 cup key lime juice
3 egg yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix well with beaters and pour into baked crust

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes

Chill several hours or overnight before serving

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Oh my gosh. This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it.